20 January 2009

Don't Mess With Betty Draper!

I'm currently watching repeats of the first series of Mad Men as I missed it the first time around, I recently saw the episode "Shoot" and thought the closing scene with Betty Draper (January Jones) was great.

Earlier in the episode the Draper's dog injured one of the neighbour's birds. The neighbour told the children, Sally and Robert (Kiernan Shipka and Aaron Hart), he would shoot the dog if he ever caught her in his yard again. Sally had a nightmare about the dog being shot and told her parents about the incident. A few days later Betty noticed the birds circling outside. She grabbed her son's BB gun, stood in the middle of her yard and with a cigarette hanging from her mouth, began shooting at the birds. The horrified neighbour watched, yelling at her.

I don't agree with shooting birds but I don't agree with threatening to shoot dogs either, besides I don't think the gun was even loaded...

No comments:

Post a Comment